Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Faves

'Friday Favorites' are a thing on blogs. I'm very much aware that it isn't Friday, but I have some favorites, and I'm going to share them. 

Jumping into a pool after a sweaty run. Best. Thing. Ever. Since I began training for my first marathon in the summer of 2012, I have spent miles fantasizing about ending my run with a splash in a nice cool lake or pool. While on vacation, I was finally able to make that dream a reality and it was everything I thought it could be. Amazing.

Cold drinks. Arnold Palmers are truly the nectar of the gods. Part clear, strong, unsweet tea, part sweet tangy lemonade, all wonderful. I can (and do) drink pitchers of the stuff. Coke Slurpees...(oh thank) HEAVEN. This summer has been quite merciful in terms of the heat & humidity, but a couple hours of running, or three hours in an unconditioned car are best remedied by a nice tall yellow cup of frozen Coca Cola iciness. As far as I'm concerned, no other flavors exist.

Puppy/dog love. You just can't look at those sweet faces and not get squishy on the inside. Annabelle requires copious amounts of love and affection- it doesn't really matter if you're in the bathroom or on the computer or simply sitting on the couch talking on the phone. She clearly communicates her need for love by standing on you. If you aren't being affectionate enough, she puts her paws on your shoulder and aggressively sniffs your head. Which I take as affection, because my mother always enjoyed the smell of my brothers' sweaty heads. That's normal. Right?

Eggs. Delicious. 

Good people. People who take the time to work through a problem with you, carry a box, listen, feed your dogs, say a prayer, send a card, bring you tea, wave, circle back so you don't miss a turn during a run. Good people.

And, to be different, a few Not Favorites:

Mayonnaise. Diss. Gusting.

Bacon grease. Well, bacon really.

Relish. Double dislike relish that touches me. (So slimey!)

Bugs in the shower. Particularly jumping bugs. Why?

Spiderwebs. Anywhere. On trails. In my house. On my front porch. ,I feel so anti-nature "top of the food chain" when I'm am forced to sweep them off the front of my house daily. Just stop building them across trails and in my house. And on the front of my house, where it looks creepy and unmaintained when I don't knock them down. Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment